Thread-index showed in the mail
I'm having a problem with a customer that says some of our mails are hard to read because they show the thread-index in the beginning and then everything is written in HTML code. We use Outlook 2003 as e-mail client and the Kerio Connect as mail server, they use Exchange as mail server: can we do anything to get the thread-index removed from the mails or they can do anything in their Exchange server to not have this kind of problem?
April 25th, 2012 11:16am

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 15:07:59 +0000, APuch wrote: >I'm having a problem with a customer that says some of our mails are hard to read because they show the thread-index in the beginning and then everything is written in HTML code. There's something between your Exchange server and their e-mail server that's inserting an empty line in the midst of the RFC2822 headers. That signals that the headers are at their end and the next line begins the message body. >We use Outlook 2003 as e-mail client and the Kerio Connect as mail server, Start there. Don't exclude anti-virus and anti-spam software the pull apart the message and reassempble it. >they use Exchange as mail server: can we do anything to get the thread-index removed from the mails or they can do anything in their Exchange server to not have this kind of problem? The thread index header isn't the problem. Have a look at the messages as they leave your organization and head to the other party's IP address. Use a network monitor like WireShark that can reassemble the TCP stream into the actual message. Do you see that empty line in the headers? If not then the receiving party needs to see where the empty line is introduced. --- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP --- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 25th, 2012 4:03pm

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 15:07:59 +0000, APuch wrote: >I'm having a problem with a customer that says some of our mails are hard to read because they show the thread-index in the beginning and then everything is written in HTML code. There's something between your Exchange server and their e-mail server that's inserting an empty line in the midst of the RFC2822 headers. That signals that the headers are at their end and the next line begins the message body. >We use Outlook 2003 as e-mail client and the Kerio Connect as mail server, Start there. Don't exclude anti-virus and anti-spam software the pull apart the message and reassempble it. >they use Exchange as mail server: can we do anything to get the thread-index removed from the mails or they can do anything in their Exchange server to not have this kind of problem? The thread index header isn't the problem. Have a look at the messages as they leave your organization and head to the other party's IP address. Use a network monitor like WireShark that can reassemble the TCP stream into the actual message. Do you see that empty line in the headers? If not then the receiving party needs to see where the empty line is introduced. --- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP --- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
April 25th, 2012 10:55pm

Hi APuch Did you try Rich's suggestion? Cheers Zi FengZi Feng TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 27th, 2012 3:01am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics