BizTalk 2013 R2 Admin Console Bug

Hi, 

In the Administration Console for BizTalk 2013 R2 there seems to be a GUI bug...

After every change made (change the name of a port etc) the GUI view is reset, in other words column sorting and column widths are reverted to default, which is very annoying. 

Does anyone know if there is a solution / patch / workaround for this?

Best regards

December 19th, 2014 12:25pm

Its not a bug ,BizTalk Server 2013 /2013 R updates the BizTalk Server Administraton console to provide a UI-driven experience to see how different BizTalk Server artifacts such as orchestrations, send ports, receive locations, etc. are dependent on each other

see Tracking Dependencies Between Artifacts in a BizTalk Server Application

Thanks

Abhishek

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 19th, 2014 12:40pm

Its not a bug ,BizTalk Server 2013 /2013 R updates the BizTalk Server Administraton console to provide a UI-driven experience to see how different BizTalk Server artifacts such as orchestrations, send ports, receive locations, etc. are dependent on each other

Thanks

Abhishek

Thanks

Abhishek

Thanks

Abhishek

OK, I can definitely see that the update of this information is a feature, and I like this feature much!

The problem is that the column sorting and width settings are reverted, which is a less likely side effect... Any solution to this particular anoying behaviour?

December 19th, 2014 12:45pm

No ,I don't think any public update is available for your issue as of now . If you still want to get it checked with Microsoft I would suggest to log a ticket

https://support.microsoft.com/

Thanks

Abhishek

December 19th, 2014 1:57pm

Hi,

indeed you might change various settings, which define the views' presentation within BizTalk Server Management Console inside MMC.

BizTalk Server 2013 uses the <BTSmmc> config file, which is located in your profile:

[your-user-profile-directory]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\MMC

The following section for instance defines how the BizTalk Management Console is presented within MMC snap-in:

<ViewOptions ViewMode="Report" ScopePaneVisible="true" ActionsPaneVisible="false" DescriptionBarVisible="false" DefaultColumn0Width="50" DefaultColumn1Width="0"/>

hth

Paul Endras
Endras IT Consulting   www.endras.de

If this answers your question and is a helpful post, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/orMark As Answer.

December 19th, 2014 2:31pm

Yes there is a way by changing view part AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\MMC\BTSmmc.

<ViewOptions ViewMode="Report" ScopePaneVisible="true" ActionsPaneVisible="true" DescriptionBarVisible="false" DefaultColumn0Width="200" DefaultColumn1Width="0"/>

but I would not support it as these are Application specific setting for each application

Thanks

Abhishek

December 19th, 2014 2:47pm

<ViewOptions ViewMode="Report" ScopePaneVisible="true" ActionsPaneVisible="true" DescriptionBarVisible="false" DefaultColumn0Width="200" DefaultColumn1Width="0"/>

but I would not support it as these are Application specific setting for each application

Thanks

Abhishek

Thanks

Abhishek

Thanks

Abhishek

Hi Samuel,

This is not a bug or feature nature just in BizTalk 2013 R2, but also in BizTalk 2013.

If I remember some users have raised some concerns around this nature on how admin console behaves. Especially it becomes annoying when you have more artifacts (send ports/orchestrations) and if your daily admin activity involve sorting them. Yes, as said when you change any artifacts, the admin consolse view refreshes to default and resets any of the column sorting to default which is no-column sorting.

As said some uses have raised this as concern during the early days of BizTalk 2013 (even before 2013 R2) and nothing has been heard back from Microsoft. Couple of cumulative updates and a major product version has been released after BizTalk Server 2013 but nothing has been done on this regards. So I assume, this feature would be low in Microsoft's todo list. So better get used to this until you see this been handled better in future by Microsoft :)

December 19th, 2014 3:34pm

Already been discussed with the changes we have got with BizTalk 2013  and BizTalk 2013 R2 related to UI features in  my earlier post

Its not a bug but a mapping change in Biz Talk new versions  and there is no update from Microsoft related to BizTalk artifacts changes  Tracking Dependencies Between Artifacts in a BizTalk Server Application

Thanks

Abhishek

December 19th, 2014 3:45pm

Hi,

Think that SamueL J is right about that this is a bug.
BizTalk 2010 does remember the sort order even if you force a refresh to the
current port view.

This new faulty behavior is extremely annoying if you
manage a large BizTalk installation with huge quantity of
ports. Can't see why Microsoft didn't discover this bug before
releasing the product. Perhaps testing was pore before releasing it to
market.

Thanks

March 23rd, 2015 4:55am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics