SP3 Causing SSRS On SP To Loose Data Source Settings

Hi,

(Hope I've got the right forum).

We are running SQL Server 2008 R2 and using Reporting Services on SharePoint 2010 in "integrated mode". The data source file and the report files that use that data source live in an SP library, and we have all those extra functions that allow you to do, among other things, manage the data source used by each report file. Everything has been working fine up to now.

We have recently deployed the SP3 for SQL, but since then, every morning the data source has lost the credentials we use to connect to the database and is set to disabled, and all of the reports that map to this data source file have lost their data source setting.

If I edit the data source, put the correct credentials in and enable the datasource, then go back into every report and map them back to the data source file, everything works, until the following morning when the problem reappears.

To say this was frustrating would be a severe understatement.

I'm guessing that overnight we have a server reboot, IIS Reset or something going on.

The problem is that SP3 is actually solving a number of unrelated problems for a different team, so rolling back is not really an option.

So I'm hoping someone out there has seen this before and knows a work around.

Thanks,

Swanny.

• Edited by Swanny Too Friday, December 19, 2014 3:25 AM
December 19th, 2014 3:23am

Hi Swanny Too,

Thank you for your question.

I am trying to involve someone more familiar with this topic for a further look at this issue. Sometime delay might be expected from the job transferring. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks,
Wendy Fu

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 22nd, 2014 9:42am

Completely forgot about this one.
For reference, the issue turned out to be that the patch was deployed to some but not all servers.

August 4th, 2015 10:14pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics