SQL Server Configuration Manager 2008 - Slow to bring back SQL Services

HI

WMI queries are taking ~ 1 minute to bring up SQL Server services using the SQL server Configuration manager 2008. The cluster is a two node cluster with ~ 6 instances installed. Each node is running Windows 2008 R2 64 Bit and has been configured according to best practice guidelines.

Do I need to re-build the WMI repository on each node in the cluster? Are their any associated risks?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers

Rob

October 10th, 2013 12:35pm

Rob,

I'm not sure I follow what you're saying... Are you using WMI to start and stop services for clustered instances?

-Sean

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 10th, 2013 1:44pm

is this related to recycle of the sql server services & also after started of sql server services did you see in the errorlog what is is given,

Also is there any startup parameters or trace flag enabled during the startup of sql server.

Also on which instance that issue you are facing or when you are facing or what other sql servers installed.,

October 11th, 2013 2:33am

HI

Apologies for the ambiguity. When you start SQL server Configuration manager their is a call to WMI provider to get information on SQL server service installed on the server (see Below). This process seems to be taking ~1-2 Minutes, on other servers this process takes ~ 1-2 seconds.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 11th, 2013 4:51am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics